Healthcare Project Manager
Organizationally the Healthcare Project Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Construction/Project Executive. The success of the Project Manager depends on their ability to work effectively with clients and P. Agnes Management from the Pre-Construction transition through the Construction and closeout process.
While there are specific responsibilities and expectations described below, it is essential to remember that your overall success will depend on four primary project areas:
- Cost control
The Healthcare Project Manager is primarily responsible for the profitability and effective management of specific healthcare projects from the time of assignment to project completion by implementing assigned duties and responsibilities.
Performance Based Objectives:
- Construction project managers supervise construction projects from beginning (pre-construction) to end (certificate of occupancy & close out)
- An understanding of the construction business and the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment are important for career success
- Project Managers plan and coordinate all aspects of the construction process, including working with the Estimating Department during preconstruction, managing subcontractors and suppliers during construction and working with Owners, Owners Representatives, and Design Team the entire lifecycle of the project, including closeout
- Communicate directly with contractors/designers concerning project cost, staffing, andscheduling. Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications
- PM’s must ensure that a project is completed according to schedule, managers must resolve problems that arise due to inclement weather, unforeseen conditions, emergencies, and or other issues that may cause delays
- Manage multiple aspects of the job including costs, scheduling, supervision, quality and safet.
- Work in conjunction with Site Superintendent, and P. Agnes’ Safety Director to ensure site safety plan is followed and a safe work site is maintained
- Conduct subcontractor meetings, and O/A/C meetings. Be continually informed about field meetings and to any issues that arise
- Serves as primary point of contact with Owners/Clients
- Review submittals, for contract scope, and accuracy
- Review and address Requests for Information (RFI)
- The securing of building permits and licenses and delivery of materials and equipment to construction sites
- Create initial baseline project schedule identifying various phases and milestones as required by the project. Continuously maintain and update this schedule on a minimum monthly basis. Identify schedule risks and suggest recovery methodologies when required
- Manage financial control of project. This includes verifying applications for payment, resolving Cost Events (CE), generating Change Orders, preparing monthly financial reports for project, and working with P. Agnes main office to generate the monthly Application for Payment to the client
- Provide accurate projections during project and maintain current cost reports to be provided to Executives
- Create and distribute Monthly Executive Reports for distribution to the client that include, at the minimum: A narrative summary of the projects status, submissions, RFI’s, issues, risks, direction required, schedule update, cost report, in scope cost logs, out of scope cost log, progress photos, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the site Superintendent to assure compliance with the plans, specifications and design required
- Coordination with the Superintendent to develop a site logistics plan
- Perform subcontractor scope review and subsequent subcontract awards
- The close out of project as per specifications. This includes Punch list items, As-built drawings, O&M manuals, and final applications both Subcontractor and Owner
- Confidently lead a team and provide direction to staff as required
- Provide project information to Marketing Department as directed
- Strong usage of digital plans, via ProCore, BluBeam, Box
- 4 year degree in either Engineering, Construction, or Architecture
- Minimum of 10 years of healthcare project management experience
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare construction and the unique needs of healthcare clients
- Proficient in subcontract scope review and buyout
- Cost and change order management
- Strong computer, verbal, and written skills
To apply for a position, or if you have a general question about our job opportunities, send us an email.
Please include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line and attach your resume.